About this download
This program will upgrade BIOS to Version R0174J3. and resolve the following symptoms:
1. The LCD gives a black display after closing the lid and then re-opening it sometimes
Before installing this upgrade Program
This upgrade program can only be used on Windows Vista. Check the Operating System before installing this upgrade program.
BIOS Upgrade Program Version R0174J3 for Windows Vista
File name: PHBSYS-01101529-UN.exe
File size: 1.00 MB (1,056,456 bytes)
- To install BIOS Upgrade Program Version R0174J3 for Windows Vista
- Windows Vista SP2 32bit
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the upgrade, disconnect all external hardware devices, including PC Cards etc.
Note: Before proceeding, ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
Note: Save all data/files and close all running programs.
1. Download the file to a temporary or download directory (Please note this directory for reference later).
2. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click PHBSYS-01101529-UN.exe.
3. When the User Account Control dialog appears, click Next.
4. At the VAIO BIOS Update Tool 1.0.01.10181 box, click the Update button.
5. At the WBFLASH box, click the OK button. (Please wait while the utility updates the BIOS.)
6. When the WBFLASH BIOS Update successfully completed box appears, click OK to shutdown the computer.
7. After the computer shuts down, wait for a few seconds, and then turn on the computer again.
To check if the updating is successful
1. Turn on the computer and Press F2 key when the VAIO Logo is displayed.
2. Enter BIOS Setup.
3. Locate the BIOS version in Main menu.
4. Check that the BIOS Version is R0174J3.