JEITA A measuring standard is based on the following conditions:
1. Set Screen Saver to None
Right-click on the Desktop -> Personalize -> Screen saver -> None
2. Set Volume control to Mute
Rignt-click the Volume icon on the taskbar -> Select Open volume Mixer - Click Mute icon
3. Switch off the Wireless LAN switch
4. Turn off the Windows automatic updates
Click Start -> Control Panel -> Click Windows updates -> Click Change Settings -> Uncheck Never check for updates.
5. Do not change initial settings of McAfee Security Center
6. Close the Side Bar
Right-click the Windows Sidebar icon on the taskbar, and then select Exit.
7. Set the desktop background to VAIO Long Battery Life Wallpaper
Right-click on the desktop -> Personalize -> Desktop Background and then select VAIO Long Battery Life Wall Paper
8. Close the Prepare your VAIO
9. Close the VAIO Smart Network from the taskbar
Right-click VAIO Smart Network icon on the taskbar, and then select Exit.
10. Click Start -> Select VAIO Control Center -> Power Management -> Power Options -> Uncheck Automatically enter Hibernate mode when battery is low.
1. Select VAIO Maximum Battery
Control Panel - Power Options, Select VAIO Maximum Battery
2. Go to Change plan settings -> Change advanced power settings -> Advanced settings tab
Sleep After - Never
Hibernate After - Never
Dim display after - 0 minute
Turn off display After - Never
Low battery notification - Off
JEITA Measuring Method a:
1. Go to Control Panel -> Power Option -> Change plan settings -> Change advanced power settings -> display -> Display brightness -> Change the brightness level to 10%.
Please refer to the steps below
1. Fully charge the battery of the notebook.
2. Play the video clip stored on the HDD Drive continuously.
Please refer to the following to obtain the test media file.
a. Visit http://it.jeita.or.jp/mobile/e/index.html
b. Click 3. MPEG measurement file and then click MPEG file for JEITA Battery Run Time Measurement Method approx. 30MB
c. Save the MPEG file onto the HDD Drive.
3. Calculate the running time after unplugging the AC adaptor until the notebook shuts down automatically.
For more information on JEITA A Battery Run Time Measurement Method for VAIO notebook, please visit the following website.