WARNING: There is a risk of hardware damage. Do not use a dry cloth or commercial cleaning solution to remove dust particles or smudges from the surface of the image sensor. Doing so may cause the coating on the image sensor to peel off.
To clean dust from the image sensor, select Cleaning Mode in the camera menu. Cleaning can also be done manually by detaching the lens and using a hand-held camera cleaning blower to blow away any dust particles from the surface of the image sensor. If there are smudges of any kind on the sensor, it is recommended that the sensor be cleaned by a professional camera shop.
- For A-mount cameras it is necessary to raise the mirror before manually cleaning the sensor.
- For model-specific information about cleaning the camera sensor, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product.
- There are many third-party kits available on the market that can be used to clean the image sensor. Check your local electronics or professional camera shop for availability.
- Many camera shops also offer professional cleaning services for image sensors that may be able to be performed in a timely manner.
- Sony is not liable for any incidental or consequential damages due to mishandling by non-Sony service locations or otherwise.