Full Specifications and Features
Rs. 18,490(incl. of all taxes)
Full Specifications and Features
- Sensor type
- 1/2.3 type (7.82mm) Exmor R™ CMOS sensor, aspect ratio 4:3
- Number of Pixels (Effective)
- Approx. 20.4 megapixels
- Number of Pixels (Gross)
- Approx. 21.1 Megapixels
- Lens type
- Sony G Lens, 11 elements in 10 groups (including 5 aspheric elements)
- F-number (Maximum Aperture)
- F3.5 (W) – 6.3 (T)
- Focal length
- Focus Range (From the Front of the Lens)
- AF approx. 5cm to infinity (W), approx. 200cm to infinity (T)
- Optical zoom
- 30x (Optical Zoom during movie recording)
- Clear Image Zoom (Still Image)
- Still images: 20M approx. 60x / 10M approx. 85x / 5M approx. 120x / 0.3M approx. 486x / 15M (16:9) approx. 60x / 2M (16:9) approx. 162x, Movies: approx. 60x (*2)
- Aperture Type
- Iris diaphragm (5 blades)
- Focal Length (f=) 35mm format equivalent
- Still images 3:2 f=25-750 mm, Still images 4:3 f=24-720 mm, Still images 16:9 f=26-780 mm, Still images 1:1 f =28.5-855 mm, Movie16:9 f=26.5-1080 mm (SteadyShot Active Mode)
- Screen type
- Segment LCD
- Image Processing Engine
- BIONZ X™
- Still Images: Optical, Movies: Optical type with electronic compensation
- Focus Mode
- Single-shot AF, Touch AF, Lock on AF, Multi Point AF
- Focus Area
- Multi Point AF
- Light Metering Mode
- Multi Pattern
- Exposure Compensation
- +/-2.0 EV, 1/3 EV step
- ISO Sensitivity (Still Image)(Recommended Exposure Index)
- ISO80-3200 (iAuto), ISO80-12800*6 (Superior Auto), Auto/80/100/200/400/800/1600/3200 (Program Auto), Auto/80/100/200/400/800/1600/3200 (Aperture Priority), Auto/80/100/200/400/800/1600/3200 (Shutter Priority) (*7)
- ISO Sensitivity (Movie)
- Auto (ISO 80-1000 equivalent)
- Minimum Illumination (Movie)
- Auto: 10 lux (Shutter Speed 1/15)
- White Balance Modes
- Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluor (Cool White), Fluor (Day White), Fluor (Daylight), Incandesceent
- Shutter Speed
- iAuto (1/1600-4), Program Auto (1/1600-1), Aperture Priority (1/1600-8), Shutter Priority (1/1600-30) (*3)
- iAuto (F3.5-F6.3 (W)), Program Auto (F3.5-F6.3 (W)), Aperture Priority (F3.5-F8.0 (W)), Sutter Priority (F3.5-F6.3 (W))
- Image Control
- Quality (Fine/Standard)
- Dynamic Range Functions
- Dynamic Range Optimizer
- Shooting Mode
- Intelligent Auto, Superior Auto, Program Auto, Aperture Priority Mode, Shutter Speed Priority Mode, Movie
- Continuous Shooting Speed (maximum) (with max. recording pixels)
- Approx. 10 fps (for up to 10 shots) (*5)
- 10 sec. delay, 2 sec. delay
- Drive Modes
- Single, Continuous shooting
- Number of Recognised Scenes
- Still images: Superior Auto 44, Intelligent Auto 33, Movie: 44
- Compatible Recording Media
- Memory Stick Micro™, Memory Stick Micro™ (Mark2), microSD Memory Card, microSDHC Memory Card, microSDXC Memory Card (*4)
- Recording Format
- Still images: JPEG (DCF Ver.2.0,Exif Ver.2.3,MRF Baseline compliants), Movies: MP4
- Recording Format (Movie Audio)
- MPEG-4, AAC-LC 2ch
- Colour Space (Still)
- Movie Recording Mode (NTSC)
- MP4 (up to 1,920 x 1,080/60 fps)
- Movie Recording Mode
- MP4: 28M PS (1920x1080/60fps), 16M HQ (1920x1080/30fps)
- Still Image Resolution
- 3:2 mode: 18M (5,184 x 3,456) / 8.9M (3,648 x 2,432) / 4.5M (2,592 x 1,728); 4:3 mode: 20M (5,184 x 3,888) / 10M (3,648 x 2,736) / 5M (2,592 x 1,944) /0.3M (640 x 480); 16:9 mode: 15M (5,184 x 2,920) / 7.5M (3,648 x 2,056) / 2.1M (1,920 x 1,080); 1:1 mode: 15M (3,888 x 3,888) / 7.5M (2,736 x 2,736) / 3.7M (1,920 x 1,920)
- Number of Recording Pixels (Image Size)
- 3:2:18M (5184 x 3456) / 8.9M (3648 x 2432) / 4.5M (2592 x 1728), 4:3: 20M (5184 x 3888) / 10M (3648 x 2736) / 5M (2592 x 1944) /0.3M (640x480), 16:9: 15M (5184 x 2, 920) / 7.5M (3648 x 2056) / 2.1M (1920 x 1080), 1:1: 15M (3888 x 3888) / 7.5M (2736 x 2736) / 3.7M (1920 x 1920)
- Movie Resolution
- MP4: 28M PS (1,920 x 1080/60 fps)/ 16M HQ (1,920 x 1080/30 fps)
- Input and output terminals
- Multi/Micro USB Terminal*8, Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0)
- Yes (NFC forum Type 3 Tag compatible)
- Wi-Fi® connectivity
- NFC One-touch functionality, Wi-Fi
- Wireless capabilities
- NFC One-touch functionality, Wi-Fi
- Power Source
- DC3.6V (supplied battery)/DC5.0V (not supplied AC adaptor)
- Battery System
- Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-BN (supplied) / NP-BN1 (not supplied)
- Power Consumption (Camera Mode)
- Approx. 1.4W
- USB Charge/USB Power Supply
- Yes *1
- Battery Life(Still Images)
- Still images*10: approx. 200 / approx. 100min, Movie (actual shooting)*11 *12: approx. 25min. Movies (continuous shooting) *12 *13: approx. 45min. (In [MP4 28M PS] mode, max. continuous shooting time is approx. 15 min. and max. file size is 4GB.)
- Supplied Battery
- Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-BN
- Shooting Functions
- Face Detection
- Operating Temprature
- Approx. 0°C to 40°C (32F° to 104F°)
- Exif Print, PRINT Image Matching (PIM3)
Size & Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D) (CIPA)
- Approx. 68.4 x 65.1 x 57.6 mm
- Weight (CIPA)
- Approx. 178 g (Body only), Approx. 193 g (With battery and Memory Stick micro)
In The Box
- PlayMemories Home
- *1 Not supplied AC Adaptor AC-UD10, *2 Optical zoom from the wide side., *3 When ISO sensitivity is higher than IS0 3200, the slowest shutter speed limit is 1/4 sec. Manual setting of ISO sensitivity to lower than ISO 3200 is necessary to set shutter speed slower than 1/4., *4 For movies, compatible Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark2), Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo,Memory Stick XC-HG Duo, Memory Stick Micro (Mark2), SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card or microSD/microSDHC/microSDXC card (Class 4 or faster speed is recommended) can be used., *5 You may not be able to shoot images in Burst mode depending on the Shooting mode., *6 Achieved by using overlay burst shooting., *7 REI=Recommended Exposure Index., *8 Supports Micro USB compatible device., *9 Rechargeable battery pack NP-BN cannot be used with Cyber-shot that are supplied with NP-BN1., *10 The LCD screen is turned on, shooting once every 30 seconds, the zoom is switched alternately between the W and T ends the flash strobes once every two times, the power turns on and off once every ten times(QX series don't have the flash)., *11 Indication recording time, which is defined by repeating the cycle: Power on, start recording, zoom, stand-by, power off., *12 Continuous shooting is possible for approximately 29 minutes (limited by product specifications)., *13 Based on non-stop recording until the limit (29 minutes or 4GB) has been reached, and then continued recording again. Shooting functions such as zoom will not be available.
What's In The Box
- Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-BN*9, Micro USB cable, Wrist Strap, Smartphone attachment, Quick Start Guide, Reference Guide
30x optical zoom/60x Clear Image zoom for super close-ups
Capture everything from broad landscapes to faraway subjects, thanks to the powerful 24 mm* to 720 mm zoom range. The camera’s 60x Clear Image zoom feature digitally doubles the magnification of your camera’s optical lens without decreasing pixel count, so you can capture smooth, detailed shots at any distance.
Lock-on autofocus and continuous shooting
Get crystal clear photos that are always in focus. Lock-on autofocus (AF) automatically adjusts the target frame size based on subject characteristics – so you get an in-focus shot no matter what's happening. The lens-style camera also delivers high-speed continuous shooting of up to 10 fps, and detailed images of 20 MP, even when the action’s fast.
Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilisation
Built-in Optical SteadyShot™ technology keeps your image stable even when your hands aren’t. By compensating for the minor hand motions that can cause blurring and distortion, SteadyShot™ ensures brilliant photographic results even in challenging low-light conditions. Switch to SteadyShot™ Active mode for sharp, blur-free movie shooting.
Full HD 60p beauty in motion
Keep your footage smooth and sharp –even when panning and shooting moving subjects– and record 60p movies at the camera's full resolution.
20.4 MP Exmor® R CMOS sensor for detailed images
Bring out the detail in your photos – even when shooting in low-light conditions. A back-illuminated Exmor® R CMOS sensor has a wide receptive area to allow more light and detail into every frame. Capture the scene in 20.4 MP of high-resolution detail for beautiful pictures every time.
BIONZ X™ for superior detail and texture
Sony's image processing engine faithfully reproduces textures and details, as seen by the naked eye, via extra high-speed processing. Together with front-end LSI (large scale integration), that accelerates processing, BIONZ X™ enables more natural details, more realistic images, richer tonal gradations and lower noise whether you're shooting photos or movies.
Sony G Lens for a refined level of performance
The Sony G Lens is optimised to perfectly complement the advanced image sensors and processing technology of this lens-style camera. You get the power and control to achieve superior in-focus image quality, as well as beautiful defocused backgrounds (bokeh).
Wi-Fi® gives you wireless freedom
Easily transfer movies and more from your camera to your Android or iOS smartphone or tablet by simply connecting to Wi-Fi®. Then quickly upload your videos to your favourite websites and social media networks so friends and family can see the action.
Intuitive control with PlayMemories Mobile
Turn your smartphone or tablet into a remote commander and enjoy easy camera control, thanks to PlayMemories Mobile. A clean user interface gives you simple one-handed operation of all your camera settings –including exposure, shutter release, and zoom– making it ideal for group photos.
Get a different view with versatile lens placement
Enjoy taking photos from different points of view. Set up your lens-style camera in previously tough-to-reach spots, then take control –including zoom, framing, and capture– using your mobile device. Keep a firm grip for versatile shooting with the help of the optional Free Angle Shooting Kit (ADP-FSK1).
Mount the camera on your smartphone/tablet
Turning your smartphone or tablet into a high performance camera is easy: simply mount the lens-style camera on your mobile device and start shooting. Once mounted, your device becomes the camera body: use the touchscreen to capture shots, retouch images, and even share photos with friends and family on Facebook® and Twitter™.
Easy storage, transfers and sharing
Never worry about losing your snaps – your photos are automatically saved to both the lens-style camera and your smartphone or tablet as you take them. Simply install the PlayMemories Mobile app to export photos from your camera to your smartphone or tablet via Wi-Fi®. From there, you’re free to organise, edit and share with friends and family, or to upload to your favourite social networking site and share with the world.
Superior Auto knows what you’re shooting
There’s no shoot too challenging. Superior Auto mode automatically recognises various types of environments and adjusts camera settings accordingly to optimise every shot. You camera will activate functions such as continuous shooting and Auto HDR when conditions are challenging, so you can capture the shot with ease.
Mount on a tripod for flexible shooting
Shoot long exposures and stunning landscapes with total confidence. Simply mount the lens-style camera on a tripod and get greater stability than you would with handheld shots. Tricky terrain, low-light photography and group shots all become easier when you connect the lens-style camera to a tripod.
View your photos in TRILUMINOS colour
See your photos and videos in rich, natural colour when you share them on the big screen. This lens-style camera supports Sony’s TRILUMINOS colour technology – see your favourite snaps in realistic colour when viewing them on a TV with a TRILUMINOS display. An expanded colour gamut means reds, aqua blues, and emerald greens are displayed beautifully for vivid landscapes. Faces look better too, thanks to the natural replication of skin tones.
Live-View Remote 2 accessory for multi-camera control
Manage up to five cameras using the optional Live View Remote. Check viewing angles on the wrist-mounted colour monitor with a glance, start/stop recording on five cameras at once and change settings simultaneously on all units. No cables needed, thanks to built-in Wi-Fi®.
Multi-ratio aspects for flexible shooting
Make photos that stand out from the crowd with a choice of different aspect ratios. Choose from conventional digital photo shapes like 3:2 and 4:3, as well as 16:9 widescreen or square for still images just the way you want them.